Know their style: There are different styles of wedding photography. Know what you like and go with someone who will achieve that look. Some popular wedding photography styles are classic/traditional, light and airy, dramatic, vintage and dark and moody.
Meet up or zoom: You want to get along with your photographer since you will be spending some of the most important moments of your life with them! Choose someone who will make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Set aside a time to grab coffee with them or schedule a call and see how it goes. Talk about your vision for the wedding, the design and overall feel you want.
Compare and get the details: Choose your top photographers and compare their packages and pricing. Know the details… How many hours of coverage will you get? Will there be a second shooter? Below are some questions you may want to ask when first meeting your photographer:
1. How would you describe your style?
2. Do you have experience with photographing our venue, venue style and venue lighting?
3. What do your packages include?
4. What is your favorite part of shooting a wedding?
5. How do you handle stressful parts of the day?
6. How long after the wedding will the photos be ready? (Remember..Faster isn’t always better!)
7. What rights will we have to the photos taken?